So, I decided to unhook myself from Facebook and walk away. Here is what I wrote on Facebook. I will probably wait a few days to give anyone who cares a chance to read it before I actually delete my FB account.
Hey everyone – I posted this beautiful sunset picture because sadly and unfortunately this will be my last post on Facebook. I am deleting my account and walking away from Facebook to spend more time in the physical world. If you want to get in touch with me you can always telephone (we’re in the book), text, email or send me a birthday card (remember those?) in the mail.
I decided to get rid of Facebook for many reasons, but the top reasons are:
- Fifty million Facebook user accounts were recently hacked.
- Facebook is for me a big time waster, distraction and creativity killer.
- Facebook cannot be trusted with my (or your) information. Witness Cambridge Analyitica.
- Facebook is creepy. It tracks you….even if you are not on Facebook
- Facebook’s CEO, Mark Zuckerburg’s unethical behavior has been documented by Business Insider.
If you want to delete Facebook, here are the steps:
Here’s how to permanently delete your account:
- Click the settings icon at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Delete Your Account and Information, then click Delete My Account.