Chris Hartzog is Christopher J. I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest coast of the USA in the Seattle, Washington area.
I’ve loved music as long as I can remember.
During many years of being a special needs parent to a very high needs child with autism, I started playing guitar again and started writing music.
Music not only transcends languages, it also transcends disabilities.
My music covers a variety of styles and instruments from folk to blues/jazz, and classical to pop-rock.
I am a multi-instrumentalist, playing guitar, bass (electric and upright), ukulele, keyboards, and a singer and songwriter. I write, record and produce songs and put them on this website for people to download and hopefully share and enjoy.
By day I am a small business owner. By night I pursue my love of music either composing and recording new music, learning new instruments (For example, see my Double Bass Lessons series.), playing music for nursing home audiences or participating in community music.
What is on this site?
- You can find my recordings, ringtones and/or videos to purchase and download on my Music page.
- If you are interested in learning how to play the double bass check out my Double Bass Lessons page.
- If you just want to read whatever random things I happen to be interested in and post about, just visit my blog on the main page.
I am also available to perform live music at your nursing home, adult family home or residential facility. I create a lively and interactive show. The performance features a professional sound system perfect for most room sizes. As a “one man band” I have invested in creating high quality recorded background tracks. When I add my years of performing experience on guitar, ukulele, bass, and vocals people immediately begin singing along, tapping toes and dancing to the music. Shows consist of favorite tunes everyone knows from the american treasury of music. The large variety of songs and musical styles makes these programs a unique treat. Click here for a sample song list.
On my site you will find that I give lots of music away in the hope that it will help my cause, and I would love it for you use my music to create other stuff – music videos, pictures, remixes, etc. Go here for a list of music I have released. If someone wants to use my music in a movie, TV, radio commercial or on Broadway, I think that would be great!! My music sharing/use policy is here.
- Larry Bridges (Vocal coach and former musical director of The New Christie Minstrels)
- Dr. Walter Thomas (DME, Stanford University)
- Rev. Fred Link, OFM (Founder of the Midwest Invitational Swing Choir Contest)
- Michael Powers (Smooth jazz composer and guitarist)
- William Maxwell (Bassist and recording engineer)
Seattle, Washington USA
If you would like me to play at for your group please contact me…..Click here to email me.
Please follow me at the following places!