OK, here are some pictures of progress I have made so far on my cigar box ukulele.  (Click here for the completion, Part 3.)

In this photo I have removed the top cover of the cigar box.  I removed it so that I can have full access to the inside of the box for additional work such as reinforcement by adding braces to the perimeter on the top and bottom.  Also the lid will be easier to work with separated from the main body of the box for such things as cutting out the sound hole and adding the bridge plate and top braces.

Cigar Box Top Cover Removed


And this shot shows the gluing in of the perimeter braces.  Thank God for clothes pins.

Gluing of Top and Bottom Braces

And finally, here I am installing end blocks for both the tail and neck ends.

Installing End Blocks

Please Click here to check out my music!